Tea House Parties are a Proper Treat
My dear friend arranged for a group of us to visit a proper tea house, Truffles and Lace Bou-tea-que.
How have I never done this before? The china! The elegance! The tea! We enjoyed four different blends: Candy Cane (fav!), Rainbow’s end (fav!), Sinful (fav!) and Pumpkin (fav!).
All in all it was elegance and beauty, a delight to all senses.
The charming experience started with a rose garden.
Placed around the establishment were beautiful things to see. Such as these antique class figures.
Of course surrounded by beautiful company.
We savored berry and fruit cups with cucumber sandwiches and cranberry chicken salad on croissants (my favorite chicken salad recipe here).
The pumpkin scones were one-of-a-kind delicious. They were scooped up and gone before I could grab a picture!
And finally, rich shortbread bites with caramel pecan swirled ice cream.
Newest resolution: Indulge in visiting a Tea House whenever possible.
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ green apple, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix chicken and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken well.
- Stir in green onions, dried cranberries, apple, pecans (optional), lime juice, salt pepper, dill weed.
- Can be served immediately but can also be refrigerated overnight (flavor is enhanced when stored overnight).