You gotta love it when a snack is so healthy, there is zero guilt for wanton gluttony. I prefer the lightly crunchy, parmesan toasty chickpeas, not the rock hard, tooth chipping version you find in pre-packaged snack bags. Plus, in this homemade version, you control the salt.
You’ll need chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper. Add chili powder for extra zing. Try other variations including Adobo spice or turmeric.
Simple Steps to Fabulous Toasted Chickpeas
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Toss the chickpeas, oil, cumin, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a large bowl.
Pour onto a cookie sheet.
Bake until brown and crispy, about 40 minutes, or until desired toastiness. Movie night snack: done.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse one 15 once can of chickpeas (1/3/4 cups). If you are using dried beans, soak in water overnight.
- Toss chickpeas with oil, garlic salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until desired doneness.